An seasonal boiler service is essential for keeping your boiler running safely and efficiently. As the warmer months fade away we will all be looking to switch on our heating systems to warm up our homes. A boiler service will make sure everything is working efficiently and reliably to keep your home cosy and the hot water flowing right through the winter – when you need it the most.
Prevention Is key
Home heating has become increasingly sophisticated as boilers are now more efficient, kinder to the environment and take up less space. This improving technology does mean that there are more parts and elements to check. Prevention is key because we know that a broken boiler, at any time of the year, and especially in the winter, isn’t something you want to have to deal with. An seasonal boiler service will give you peace of mind that your boiler will run smoothly when you need to rely on it.
While a boiler service cannot prevent every unforeseen issue, it will reduce the risk of breakdowns, detect early signs of leaks, and check the key safety features of the appliance. Looking after your boiler and having it serviced annually can also help prolong its lifespan. It is also an essential requirement stipulated by most manufacturers to keep the warranty valid. This makes an annual boiler service an investment well worth making.
At ASP Plumbing and Heating Services, our technicians are Gas Safe Qualified and have over 10 years of experience in servicing and repairing boilers. You can read more about servicing a gas safety checks here >>
What Is Included In Our Seasonal Boiler Service
The key checks carried out during a boiler service are:
- Flue and combustion analysis
- Empty and clean condensate trap
- Check of standing and working gas pressure
- Gas rate of appliance
- Ensure boiler controls are functioning correctly
- Appliance safety devices
- Clean of internal components such as fan, burner, heat exchanger and electrodes
- Replacing of seals and gaskets if necessary
- Check for any visible signs of water leaks
- Electrical connections
- Check hot water cylinder (where applicable)
- Clean out magnetic filter (where applicable)
- Check for adequate ventilation
- Gas tightness test at meter
A typical boiler service will take about 1 hour and cost of £80.