What is a Boiler Service?
A boiler service is a series of safety and efficiency checks carried out on your boiler. It typically involves gas and combustion checks, followed by the strip down and cleaning of specific components. Please see below for more details on what is included in an annual boiler service.
Why Get Your Boiler Serviced?
Regularly servicing your boiler ensures it is combusting safely, thus minimising the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is also a preventive measure to detect issues with the boiler before they worsen and cost you money in repairs. Untreated minor faults can develop into severe problems which can impact on your boiler’s efficiency, making it unsafe or causing it to break down all together.
Looking after your boiler and having it serviced annually can help prolong its lifespan. It is also an essential requirement stipulated by most manufacturers to keep the warranty valid. This makes an annual boiler service an investment worth making.
In a nutshell, an annual boiler service can:
- Prevent unnecessary boiler breakdowns
- Point out any potential faults or signs of danger relating to combustion
- Confirm you meet the requirements for the manufacturers guarantee
- Keep your boiler working efficiently
- Save you money in the long run
What is Included in a Boiler Service?
When servicing a boiler, the manufacturer’s instructions must be adhered to. Some manufacturers have specific guidelines for servicing their boilers but as a rule of thumb, there is a standard checklist that applies to every make of boiler. The most important checks carried out during a boiler service are:
- Flue and combustion analysis
- Empty and clean condensate trap
- Check of standing and working gas pressure
- Gas rate of appliance
- Ensure boiler controls are functioning correctly
- Appliance safety devices
- Clean of internal components such as fan, burner, heat exchanger and electrodes
- Replacing of seals and gaskets if necessary
- Check for any visible signs of water leaks
- Electrical connections
- Check hot water cylinder (where applicable)
- Clean out magnetic filter (where applicable)
- Check for adequate ventilation
- Gas tightness test at meter
What is the Cost?
ASP Plumbing and Heating Services charge £80 + VAT for a routine boiler service, excluding any required parts. Please see our prices section for more details. If you would like to book a routine boiler service please call 020 3858 0277 or get in touch via our contact form, outlining your make and model of boiler if you know it.